Unfortunately, kitchens tend to be dark. Especially mine. This made shooting pictures with a high shutter speed quite difficult. To aid myself in this light crisis, I had to bring nearly every lamp in my house into my kitchen. While this helped a little, it really just got in the way of taking my pictures. In the future, I'm not sure how to avoid this situation other than simply picking a spot that will naturally have a lot more light--even if that means picking a new subject matter. That said I am decently happy with my photos and I had a lot of fun taking them with my mom as the cook/hand model.
Food is joyous. It's hard to think of many things that are reason to celebrate or to be happy about more than a good meal. Good food is immediate reward and not hard to appreciate. Fortunately, more happiness comes from food than from just eating it. Many find intense joy in preparing food. Preparing food is a process full motion, passion, and most times color. For these reasons I felt photographing food being made would be good for this week's assignment.

Your second paragraph here is lovely. I like this: "Preparing food is a process full [of] motion, passion, and most times color." I sympathize with your lighting problems and I thank you for your explanation. Remember that your changing the ISO setting can help in these situations.
ReplyDelete